How to Apply
AdviseMI is currently accepting adviser applications for the 2021-22 program year!
Apply to become an AdviseMI adviser →
What You Need to Know
- Living Stipend: $25,000, before taxes.
- Transportation: Reliable transportation required.
- Housing: You must live in or near the community in which you are serving.
- Education Award: $6,345 (before taxes). Possible eligibility for the forbearance of federal student loans.
- Training: Advisers will receive mandatory training in college access and advising.
Watch the video with Spanish captions here.
Watch the video with Arabic captions here.
Funding and Administration
MCAN has secured investment commitment from leading colleges and other funding partners to sustain the program over multiple years. By braiding together relatively small amounts of funding from multiple sources, the program does not cause a financial strain on any one organization.
Successful applicant high schools, a local philanthropic partner, or other entity must provide a cash match for each adviser. MCAN will administer the program by employing and training the advisers.
Check our FAQ page for more support. You can also contact Jenny McArdle, director of service strategy, with additional questions.